Coming back to your private retreat after a tiring day feels so relaxing and calming right?
Yes, we are talking about your bedroom, where you find solace. This is your sanctuary and it should portray you, your mood, your likes and everything positive.
So, here we are… presenting 10 mind-blowing tips to tart up your bedroom, just the way you like it.
10 Bedroom interior decorating ideas
1. Choose the color carefully because you want your quiet place to be peaceful and serene. So, we suggest you go for subtle or nude colors such as old rose or grey or certain shades of matte brown or mauve and so on.
2. Make the ceiling interesting because… you’ll know it when you lie down on the bed. You can add patterns to the ceiling with the help of stencil or wallpaper to make it beautiful. Add a few accessories such as a lovely crystal chandelier or crystal balls or give it a pompous look by opting for silver-leafed ceilings. You have so many options to choose from!
3. Choose furniture wisely and make sure that they look proportionate to the room. If your bedroom is small, go for a small bed and a small dressing table maybe! Suppose your bedroom is pretty huge you can choose a larger piece of furniture to make the room look full and beautiful.
4. Storage is pretty important when it comes to increasing the neatness of the room. A bedside table with drawers, a few cabinets to keep clothes, storage space underneath the bed keep your room look clean and tidy. Utilize as much available space as possible for storage.
5. Add the divine factor to your room by choosing plush fabrics, and beautiful linens to make your room look stupendous.
6. Your bedroom is your private space; you can create a private corner where you can indulge in things you like such as reading, watching a movie and so on. Place a comfortable chair with a footstool or a recliner where the bed ends or by the side of the window, where you can sit and enjoy your morning or evening coffee.
7. The minimalist look always rocks, so keep the overall look of your bedroom simple but sophisticated. Keep at least a 3-feet distance between your bed and the walls. Do not add clutter, just place whatever you need such as a dresser, cupboards or wall-mounted cabinets, bedside table and other necessary things.
8. Choose curtains that enhance the charm of your bedroom. Curtains or roller blinds help prevent sunlight from disturbing your sleep and also keep your privacy unhindered.
9. Let natural light fill your bedroom; make sure your room has proper ventilation. Keep lamps in your bedroom for reading, night lamps, or even ambient lighting for some drama!
10. For flooring, there are many options such as wooden flooring, carpeting, bamboo flooring, and rubber. But whatever you choose, make sure that it matches your room. For instance, wooden flooring looks best with cottages. If it is your apartment then you can consider carpeting or if the climatic condition remains fairly hot throughout the year then ceramic tiles or stone flooring are most suitable.